Hundreds of online marketing conferences take place every year.
2020 might be a little different because of COVID-19, but there are still loads – around the world and online – to choose from.
In this blog, we’re going to share our top 22 with you.
Some of them we’ve been to ourselves with Get A Newsletter.
Others we know by reputation or are on our wish list.
But ALL OF THEM are going to see:
- Hundreds of marketers like us come together to meet and network
- World-renowned thought leaders sharing their experience
- New tools, new practices, and new products on display
As you might expect, our main focus at Get A Newsletter is email.
And so, we’ve already shared our top recommendations for email marketing conferences in an earlier blog.
However, we know many of our readers are interested in ALL aspects of online marketing, not just email.
So this time, we’re going to cast the net a bit wider.
For each of our selected online marketing conferences, we’ll provide a short summary of the theme and a link to their homepages.
There, you’ll be able to see the following.
- Speaker lists, workshop and seminar timetables, and agendas.
- Pricing, discounts, and registration details.
- Wider information on how to get there, where to stay, etc.
Obviously, there’s a global crisis on. COVID-19 means that all these events are subject to change at short notice. So make sure you keep an eye on these sites to stay up to date with any new information.
- Best Online Marketing Conferences in Europe
- Best Online Marketing Conferences in North America
- Our Top Online Marketing Conferences in the Rest of the World
Click on one of the links above to skip ahead!
1. Best Online Marketing Conferences in Europe
Europe is home to some of the world’s best online marketing businesses, agencies, and experts.
And it’s no surprise that there’s a thriving conference scene too.
So here are our European recommendations.
Late Spring 2020
- Ads Camp 2020. Cologne, Germany – May 5: This advanced social media advertising conference has moved fully online. That’s due to coronavirus and travel restrictions. They’re hoping to follow up with an exclusive networking event for Ads Camp attendees at DMEXCO (see below) so don’t worry that you’ll miss out on face-to-face opportunities.
- Digital Marketing Europe. Vilnius, Lithuania – May 12 to 14: A wide-ranging conference covering all aspects of online marketing and promising to take a “holistic view” of them. More than a thousand attendees are already lined up. Earlier in April, the Lithuanian government relaxed some of its COVID-19 lockdown restrictions. So organizers are hopeful that this event will be allowed to go ahead.
- Affiliate World Europe. Barcelona, Spain – July 8 to 9: If you want to learn more about affiliate marketing, then this is the place to be! Affiliate World Europe is a massive event bringing together visitors from over one hundred countries.
- Turing Fest. Edinburgh, UK – August 4 to 6: The focus for marketers at Scotland’s Turing Fest is Martech. However, this three-day event encompasses all kinds of technological innovation. August 6 is a dedicated summit for founders and investors.
- Growth Marketing Summit. Frankfurt Am Main, Germany – September 1: Digital growth and optimization is the theme at this major one-day conference. If you’re trying to hack rapid growth in your business, then take a look at this event.
- DMEXCO 2020. Cologne, Germany – September 23 to 24: One of Europe’s biggest online marketing conferences, DMEXCO (Digital Marketing Expo and Conference) 2020 is expecting nearly one thousand exhibitors and 38,000 visitors!
- BrightonSEO. Brighton, UK – October 1 to 2: After April’s events were postponed due to COVID-19, this will be the only chance to catch one of the UK’s best search events in 2020. There will be SEO training and fringe events on October 1 and the main event itself the day after.
- eCOM360. Riga, Latvia – October 6: Ecommerce has really come to the fore this year, and this event brings together experts from all over the region. This year’s speakers include names from some of the world’s top companies.
- Festival of Marketing. London, UK – October 7 to 8: We already mentioned this one on the email marketing conferences blog. It’s such an important event in the calendar that we thought it would be crazy not to mention it again. Two massive days of marketing, including celebrity keynotes.
- Web Summit. Lisbon, Portugal – November 2 to 5: Another one we’ve recommended before. If you’ve never been to Web Summit… Well, it has to be experienced at least once!
Email marketing? Have you tried Get A Newsletter yet?
2. Best Online Marketing Conferences in North America
Some of the best events in North America are like touring shows.
They roam around the continent from city to city, taking up residence for a few days before moving on. Like a rock band! 😎
We’re going to highlight a few of these series as well as our favorite one-offs.
Late Spring 2020
- Digimarcon. Various Locations, USA, and Canada – from May onwards: This conference series goes all over the world, starting New York, Toronto and Houston.
- Confab. Minneapolis, USA – May 18 to 20: Confab is focused on content strategy. As a result of coronavirus, 2020’s event is going to be completely online.
- Digimarcon Cruise 2020. Baltimore, USA – May 23 to 28: Want to combine a holiday and a conference? Then you should join this trip! It sails from Baltimore to Florida and onward to Bermuda and back.
- Influencer Marketing Strategies Summit. Chicago, USA – June 9 to 12: Another event that has gone online. This one puts the focus on all things influencers. Come along and find out how you can cash in on this massive trend.
- MozCon. Seattle, USA – July 7 to 8: Never heard of MozCon? Really?! We’ve already recommended this one in our email conferences blog. But there’s far more to MozCon than just email. Plus, this year it’s going completely online!
- Digital Summit. Various Locations, USA – from July to December: Kicking off in Phoenix on July 8, the Digital Summit series makes its way through 23 US cities before concluding in Dallas.
- Content Marketing World. Cleveland, USA – October 13 to 16: 4,000 content marketers from around the world will converge on Ohio for Content Marketing World. It promises to be the biggest global event of the content marketing calendar.
- State of Search. Dallas, USA – October 26 to 27: Cutting edge advice and strategy from some of the best minds in digital, with a practical focus.
- MarketingProfs B2B Forum. San Francisco, USA – November 3 to 6: One of the highlights of the B2B marketing year. Day one is a workshop day for special ticket holders only.
Sign up with Get A Newsletter today for free.
3. Our Top Online Marketing Conferences in the Rest of the World
Many other parts of the world have big digital marketing communities.
It comes as no surprise then that there are great events taking place outside Europe and North America.
Here are a few of the biggest and best.
- Forward Marketing Leaders Summit. Various Locations, Asia – from June 18: This series of conferences travels all over Asia. The tour starts with a virtual event from Singapore on June 18 to 19. Then it heads to Jakarta and Hong Kong later in the year.
- Ad:Tech Mumbai. Mumbai, India – November 13 to 14: We recommended the London event in our previous blog. Well, here’s its counterpart in India. A truly global event with speakers and delegates from all over the world.
- State of Social 2020. Perth, Australia – November 24 to 25: Postponed from earlier in the year to these November dates. This is a must for anyone in western Australia involved in social media.
So that’s our 22 top online marketing conferences for the rest of 2020!😁
But please take care.
Lots of events have already been canceled this year. Some of those on our list could still be halted.
As a result of COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place across much of the world.
And some countries have restricted or banned large public gatherings.
That’s why some of these events have shifted to a virtual format for 2020.
It will be interesting to see how online conferences fare. Of course, there have always been online events in marketing. Plus, we’ve all become a lot more familiar with video conferencing technology in the last few weeks.
But never before have so many of the calendar’s big dates had to go virtual.
Will it be a success?
Right now, it’s hard to say.
Are you going to any of these events? Or perhaps you’ve already attended an online-only conference this year?